Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Proverbs 27--Simple Lessons

Well, it has been a while since I blogged...so I thought I should get back to this :) Things are crazy busy--some things never change :/ Hmmm....I absolutely LOVE how God brings things to our attention when we need them most! I have been struggling with a couple of things lately and last night, I was reading Proverbs 27...ya know to go with the day. I totally needed it! I love how it fit exactly into my situation. Isn't God amazing!?!? I usually have a devotional book that I use, my Bible, and then a separate just reading book that I do for devotions, but I packed those...so I decided to just pick some random scripture to read for the night....BUT it definitely isn't random for God! Anyways, it was humbling. The chapter started out with, "Boast not thyself of to morrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth." I love this because life would be boring if we knew what the future had in store. It is awesome to live each day waiting to see what God has for us! Then, I read on and saw verse 6, "Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful." It is hard to get criticism from a friend, but really I would rather a friend tell me the truth than act like nothing is wrong. As much as it may hurt or I might not understand, it is better for someone to be straight-forward with me. If I offend someone, sometimes I don't even realize it, but if that someone never tells me...I will not know and that bitterness will eat that person up! I think it is better to get it out than to keep it in sometimes! Next, there was verse 24, "For riches are not for ever: and doth the crown endure to every generation?" Man, does this step on the toes... When it really comes down to what matters, money and worldly possessions are nothing and really a lasting legacy or testimony is what we should be concerned with. Sometimes I wish I could just win the lottery (which by the way, you have to play to win...lol) but then other times when I really really think about things and when I am most happy, money doesn't even come into the picture and I wish I was on a desert island away from it all! God is soooo good and definitely meets all my needs. I never cease to be amazed at the works and plans God has for me! I lay it all in His hands because He knows best!

No comments:

Post a Comment