Monday, June 8, 2009

A Proverbs 31 Woman?

Well, most people think of me as sweet and kind...umm let me tell ya, sometimes it is a struggle! I am pretty easygoing and cheerful, although like everyone else, I have my moments. Sometimes I just want to scream or give someone a piece of my mind! But, for some reason...I hold back :) Well, maybe that reason is because as a Christian it would ruin my testimony! I work so hard to build my testimony so that others can see Christ and I don't want it to be shattered in a moment of anger or frustration! The older I get, the less I stress about petty things and really have learned to pick my battles. I am striving to be like Proverbs 31:26: "She openeth her mouth with wisdom: and in her tongue is the law of kindness." In today's world, this is VERY hard to do. With society, it is a struggle to stay on top and we are taught to stick up for yourself and not to let others run us over. I can say from my experiences that being ran over stinks! I have had to bite my tongue many times. Seriously, you can learn lots from just listening to others talk. You realize how dumb someone sounds and then you can be thankful that you didn't open your mouth and utter those words! :) Just like most of us were told growing up--"If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all!" Lessons learned ;)

1 comment:

  1. lol-am I the one who gushes at the mouth and is mentioned here?

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete