Monday, January 31, 2011

What a Difference a Year Can Make

So, this is apparently something that I have been meaning to "get around to" but just haven't in almost a year...oops :/ I cannot believe it has been so long since I last wrote a blog. Wow. Looking at my last blog, it seems I dropped off when it came time for my first surgery. Well, those who know me well, know all about what has happened with the 2 surgeries in the past year. This has been an eventful and interesting year for sure. It is amazing to look back and see what God has brought me through, good and bad. I have learned tons and grown closer to God, learning to rely on His grace and mercy. Now that everything is getting back to normal, it feels like forever ago when I had surgery. I am very thankful for God's provision in my life and bringing me through the trials and troubles this past year. I believe God brought those trials into my life so that He can use me to witness and be a testimony for others. It is awesome to see just how BIG God is! He is so good.
Lately, I have been trying to focus on the blessings in my life. It is so easy to see troubles and the things that are bad in life. I have been trying really hard to count my blessings and remember things can always be worse. God brings us to it, AND He will bring us THROUGH it. There is a song by Francesca Battistelli that has a line in it that says, "In the middle of my little mess, I forget how big I'm blessed." I love this. It really helps put things into perspective and gives me a reality check. If I start having a "pity party," then I try to remember the good in my life right now. Every day brings new things, hardships and blessings. I am also trying to depend more on Christ. It may seem that the world turns its back on you, but God is always there. I love how He wraps His loving arms around us and holds us tight at the very moment we need Him most! He knows our hearts and hears our prayers, even when it feels we are all alone. He knows. He listens. He understands. Our God is in control and wants only the best for us. "But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." Hebrews 11:6
I have also been struggling with wanting what others have in life. Come on, we all do it. We ask God, why do they have this and I don't? Well, I know I do. I think it is okay to ask God why, just know that His answer may not always be what we want to hear. Most people want a new car, house, more money, better jobs, etc. It is that human and sin nature to covet. I have really been thinking, well if I do this or that, God will give me this. That is NOT how God operates. I follow HIS will, NOT mine! He will give me the desires of my heart, but those desires will match His will if I am living to serve and follow Him! I have to daily remind myself of this, especially now.

No comments:

Post a Comment